As an aspiring Tarot reader, do you check in every now and then with your Tarot cards to see how you can continue to grow and develop your Tarot reading skills? I know that I certainly do.
We are blessed to be able to connect with the Tarot cards, so why not use the cards to learn more about ourselves as readers? That way, we can fully blossom into confident and intuitive Tarot readers.
To help you do this, I have created the 7-card Confident and Intuitive Tarot Reader Spread. My hope is that this spread will give you guidance to your higher self.
The Confident and Intuitive Tarot Reader Spread:
1. What is coming into my conscious awareness about reading Tarot?
2. What innate gifts and talents do I have that I can share with others in my Tarot readings?
3. What aspects of myself do I need to develop to step into my full potential as a Tarot reader?
4. What aspects of my Tarot reading skills do I need to develop to step into my full potential as a Tarot reader?
5. What external resources are available to me to develop as a Tarot reader?
6. How can I connect with the right people, with whom I will create ‘magic' as a Tarot reader?
7. What is possible for me when I am reading Tarot with confidence?
My Personal Reading with this Tarot Spread
Here’s what happened when I laid out the Tarot cards for myself…
1. What is coming into my conscious awareness about reading Tarot? – Eight of Pentacles reversed
I am learning that there is inner work to be done. I have honed my skills and abilities in reading Tarot, but with the reversal of the Eight of Pentacles, I am now being reminded to focus on my personal, spiritual path as it relates to my Tarot path.
Plus, I see this as a sign that the learning never ends! Even after reading Tarot professionally for so many years, there is always something new to see in the cards.
2. What innate gifts and talents do I have that I can share with others in my Tarot readings? – Three of Cups
My gifts and talents relate to being able to bring together groups of people to enjoy the Tarot cards and have fun. This resonates so well with me because I love teaching Tarot to groups of people across the globe. And I love to show people that learning Tarot doesn’t have to be hard or complicated – instead, it’s a lot of fun!
3. What aspects of myself do I need to develop to step into my full potential as a Tarot reader? – Six of Wands reversed
Again, a reversal here suggests that there is inner work to be done. With the Six of Wands, it relates to continuing to build confidence, particularly in the public space. As a Tarot blogger and a teacher, it often feels like the spotlight is on me and my Tarot reading techniques are open for all to see.
While I absolutely love this and am so thrilled to be able to share my knowledge with others, there are inevitably those moments of doubt when I still think, “Am I doing this right?! Everyone’s watching – I better be doing it right!”
4. What aspects of my Tarot reading skills do I need to develop to step into my full potential as a Tarot reader? – Three of Pentacles
When I look at the Three of Pentacles, I see two wise men conversing with a junior apprentice. The beautiful thing about this card is that it’s not just the wise men teaching the apprentice but the apprentice teaching the wise men. So for me, I see this as the flow between student and teacher and the deeper knowingness that I continually develop my personal Tarot reading skills as I teach others. It’s a total treat!
5. What external resources are available to me to develop as a Tarot reader? – Two of Cups
There may be opportunities to partner with another Tarot teacher (or perhaps even a numerology, astrology, or intuitive development teacher) and share this with the Biddy Tarot Community.
Recently, I partnered with the beautiful Kari Samuels for a webinar about blending numerology and Tarot, and I had so much fun. I learned a lot about numerology (Kari shared some unique ways of working with the numbers) and it meant I could reach a new community of gorgeous souls interested in Tarot. I would love to do more of that! (Universe, do you hear me?)
6. How can I connect with the right people, with whom I will create ‘magic’ as a Tarot reader? – World reversed
Originally, when I included this question in the Confident and Intuitive Tarot Reader spread, my intention was that this would be about attracting the right clients or people to read for.
For me personally, as the Founder of Biddy Tarot, I see this question relating to attracting the right community and the right partners (e.g. other teachers, bloggers and leaders in the field). With the reversed World, I feel that there is still a piece of the puzzle missing.
I’m so close to bringing it all together in a completely holistic way, but there’s just one step to go or one more lesson to be learned here. Plus, again, the reversal is a sign of more inner work that needs to be done, in order to feel a sense of ‘wholeness’ as it relates to my Tarot practice. Ah yes, that definitely resonates!
7. What is possible for me when I am reading Tarot with confidence? – Strength
What a beautiful way to end the Tarot reading! The Strength card shows me that when I am reading Tarot with confidence, I am feeding my inner strength and my inner power. The woman and the lion in the card reflects the ability to tame the lion within through a peaceful and calm approach. Certainly, when I pick up the Tarot cards, feeling a little frazzled or flustered, I am soon brought back to a place of peace.
I also know that I am helping so many people when I am reading and teaching Tarot and that’s a true blessing. It feels as if I am stepping into my power, but at the same time, helping others step into their power. Gorgeous!
Time to Create Your Own Magic
If you’re struggling to connect with the right people, with whom you can create magic, consider joining the Biddy Tarot Community. It’s a modern learning community for people who want to improve their Tarot card reading skills and connect more deeply to their intuition in their day-to-day lives. The Biddy Tarot Community is also a wonderful place to reach out to other Tarot readers just like you. You’ll get support, community and nurturing to deepen your connection with your intuition using Tarot!