Your privacy is important to Biddy Tarot. Please read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use, and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who We Are
Brigit Esselmont Pty Ltd (doing business as Biddy Tarot, www.biddytarot.com or “the Site”) collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
This website and any products and services offered herein are not intended for persons under the age of 13. Biddy Tarot does not knowingly collect information from anyone under 13 years of age. Biddy Tarot prohibits children under the age of 13 from using all interactive portions of this website, including leaving any comments, filling out forms, or otherwise submitting information. Biddy Tarot will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If Biddy Tarot learns it has any information or content from anyone under the age of 13, it will delete that information.
The Personal Information We Collect and Us
a. Information Collected by Us
Biddy Tarot may collect, use, and is responsible for certain personal information that you provide when you voluntarily do any of the following:
(1) register on the Site, you may be asked to complete a registration form and provide personal information. You may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features on the Site or digital messaging services, such as newsletters or contests. Your decision to register is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to us and what communications you would like to receive; however, please note that many products and services available on the Site require registration and if you elect not to provide such information, you will not be able to take advantage of those products and services;
(2) provide details to join special mailing lists or databases if you’d like to receive information about, for example, certain products, we may collect your name, contact details, date of birth and information about your shopping or product preferences;
(3) make a purchase online or using an electronic device such as an iPad when you set up an online account, we will collect your name, contact details, order details, credit card details, address and we may also ask you to provide your date of birth and gender;
(4) provide information via social media pages such as providing your name or contact details via the Biddy Tarot Facebook pages, or our Twitter or Instagram accounts or other social media sites or Apps;
(5) attend a Biddy Tarot function or event, we will collect your name, contact details and any dietary or accessibility requirements;
(6) enter a contest, in online or printed format, we may collect your name and contact details along with your merchandise, service preferences, and answers. Participation is voluntary, and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to the Site. Your personally identifiable information may be used to contact you for winner notification, prize delivery confirmation or other related purposes (see the rules of each contest for details about how your personal information will be used, including postings to the Site);
(7) participate in surveys, you may have to register and we may request personally identifiable information from you in conjunction with the survey. Participation is voluntary, and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to the Site;
(8) send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback through our online form or via email, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response.
(9) engage with or purchase products from third parties who deal with us, such as our Affiliates, or through third parties; and
(10) carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer.
The information collected may include your name, e-mail, address, phone number, date of birth, gender, billing information, information about your shopping or product preferences, and/or dietary or accessibility requirements. You are not required to provide any personally identifiable information to merely access or visit this website.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
b. How we use your personal information
Biddy Tarot collects such information in order to send e-mails, fulfill orders, deliver services and products, complete customer transactions, oversee contests and promotions and improve website performance and customer service.
c. Who We Share Your Personal Information With
Biddy Tarot respects your privacy and will never sell, trade or transfer your personally identifiable information to third parties (beyond what is necessary for fulfilling a customer transaction or for the basic functionality of an online service) without your consent.
We may, however, share your name, e-mail, address, phone number, date of birth, gender, billing information, information about your shopping or product preferences, and/or dietary or accessibility requirements with Amazon S3, Cloudways, Deadline Funnel, Dropbox, EverWebinar, Hotjar, Mailgun, ManageWP, MyDocSafe, ONTRAPORT, PayPal, SendGrid, Slack, TimeTrade, Trello, WebinarJam, WordPress, Xero, Zendesk, Zoho and Zoom. This data sharing enables Biddy Tarot to send e-mails, fulfill orders, deliver services and products, complete customer transactions, oversee contests and promotions and improve website performance and customer service. Some of those third-party recipients are based outside the European Economic Area— for further information including on how we safeguard your personal data when this occurs, see Transfer of your information out of the EEA.
Biddy Tarot may release personal information to enforce its Website Terms and Conditions of Use, other Terms and Conditions, manage its business, protect users or the general public, or to otherwise comply with legal obligations.
If you give Biddy Tarot your permission, it may also use personal identification information for internal or external marketing and promotional purposes.
On occasion, Biddy Tarot may collect personal identification information from you in connection with optional contests, special offers or promotions. Biddy Tarot will share such information with necessary third parties for the purpose of carrying out the contest, special offer or promotion. We will ask for your consent to such disclosure and use of such information, prior to your participation in the contest, special offer or promotion.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
d. Whether Information Has to Be Provided by You and Why
We do not require you to provide any personal data in order to visit our website. We will inform you when we collect it whether you are required to provide the information to us.
e. How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
We will hold all non-client personal data until you let us know you would like for us to delete it or unsubscribe from our marketing contacts, which you are free to do at any time. We will hold all client and customer personal data in our files for seven years from the transaction date.
f. Reasons We Can Collect and Use Your Personal Information
Biddy Tarot collects and uses your personal information for the lawful bases listed in Section 3, paragraph a above.
Use and Transfer of Your Information Out of the EEA
This website is operated in the United States and third parties with whom we might share your personal information as explained above are located in Australia, the United States, Brazil, Ecuador, Portugal, India, and the Philippines. If you are located in the EEA or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States. By using this website, participating in any of its services and/or providing your information, you consent to this transfer.
These countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. While the European Commission has not given a formal decision that such countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to the derogation in Article 49 permitting non-repetitive transfers that concern only a limited number of data subjects, as permitted by Article 49 of the General Data Protection Regulation that is designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
If you would like further information, see “How to contact us” below. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organization (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
If you want to unsubscribe from receiving e-mails from Biddy Tarot, you may do so at any time. Each e-mail from Biddy Tarot includes instructions for unsubscribing from these e-mail communications.
If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
You may also have the right to claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, available at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ .
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email, call, or write to us
- Provide us enough information to identify you
- Provide us proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driver’s license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Provide us with the information to which your request relates
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable authorities of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Please note that any comments or information that you post on the website, including the Biddy Tarot website and social media pages, become public and third parties may use your information. Biddy Tarot is not responsible for any unauthorized uses by third parties in such context. You disclose such information at your own risk.
Links to Other Sites
You may see advertising or other content on this website that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors or other third parties. Any products or services reached through a third-party link are subject to separate privacy policies. Biddy Tarot is not responsible for or liable for any content on or actions taken by such third-party websites.
How to Complain
We hope that we can resolve any question or concern you raise about our use of your information.
If you are covered by the General Data Protection Regulation, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
How to Contact Us
Do You Need Extra Help?
If you would like this notice in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us (see “How to contact us” above).
The Biddy Tarot website (Site) is a sacred online space for connecting with Tarot enthusiasts and learning to read Tarot with confidence. We love, and want to protect, the beautiful space we have created and those who use it.
To maintain this sacred space, we have established a set of Site rules. If you access and use the Site, you agree to follow these rules. If you don’t agree with them, please don’t access or use the Site.
We may revise these rules from time to time by updating this posting. The revised rules will take effect as soon as they are posted on the Site.
We (Biddy Tarot) are the owners of the Site, including all content which makes up the Site (Content).
We encourage you to contribute to the Site by submitting comments, participating in the Site discussion areas and, where appropriate, uploading information and photos (Submissions).
You retain any ownership rights you already have in your Submissions. By posting Submissions, you agree that we can reproduce, modify, publish, and distribute the Submissions and that we won’t breach anyone else’s rights if we do so.
In particular, by making a Submission on the Biddy Tarot website pages, you consent to Biddy Tarot reproducing and publishing that content (either in whole or an edited version of the posting) elsewhere on the Site, in communications, and in social media forums.
Please do not share resources, training, or content with people outside of the Site or claim that it is yours.
Nothing you do on the Site will transfer any ownership rights in any part of the Site to you or permit you to assert any ownership rights unless we specifically agree.
Unless we give you our specific written permission, you can’t reprint or electronically reproduce the Site or any of its contents, including tarot card images, in whole or in part. If you buy documents through the Site, you can use those for personal use, but don’t give them to anyone else outside of the Site to use.
We might change or take down the Site from time to time.
We may, from time to time, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any or all of the Site or the Content. If you keep using the Site or the Content after a revision, you accept the revised terms.
The Site is intended as a safe place for people to learn the Tarot. It is of utmost importance that all conversations that take place in the Site be encouraging, inspiring, kind, and dedicated to learning the art of Tarot.
We expect participants to help us achieve this by keeping the conversations welcoming and inviting, and following these basic rules:
- Please be pleasant and respectful of the opinions and beliefs of others
- Be open to ideas and opinions that may be different to yours
- Keep personal differences out of discussions
- Keep your comments focused and on topic
- No blatant self-promotion, marketing, advertising or sales pitches of your own products or services (or anyone else’s)
- Maintain client privacy and confidentiality. Remove any identifiable information if you wish to share a client reading or situation
- If you post a reading and want help with interpreting it, give your interpretation first, then ask for help
- What is shared in the Site, stays in the Site. Respect each other’s privacy and intellectual property
- Contributors may not submit content that is threatening, abusive, defamatory, indecent, harassing, or offensive
You must not post, display or otherwise contribute to the Site anything that belongs to someone else, is unlawful, offensive, mean or nasty (even if it’s true!), any spam or any private information about anyone else.
You also aren’t allowed to distribute viruses, corrupted files or anything else that might damage the operation of any computer hardware or software, or collect or store personal data about other Site visitors.
From time to time, we might send you business-related communications, but only if you have registered or subscribed to receive them. If you ask us, we will stop sending promotional materials to you.
In order to access certain features of the Site, you may need to (i) register as a member; (ii) sign in via your social media account; or (iii) verify that you are over 18 years old.
We expect you to be honest and give the correct information about who you are. You can choose a display name which is different to your real name, but you cannot pretend to be someone else or use a vulgar or offensive display name.
If you provide us with inaccurate or untrue information or break any of our rules we can prevent you from accessing or participating in the Site.
You can access and participate in the Site only for personal purposes.
If you buy anything via the Site you must pay for it.
All prices are in USD.
We don’t automatically give refunds but if you have a concern about something you’ve paid for, let us know and we can discuss your options.
Even if you stick to the rules, from time to time others may not (we’ll deal with them separately!). You understand that you access and use the Site at your own risk. We reserve the right to review, flag, modify, refuse or remove any or all Submissions, but we don’t have to, and we will not be responsible for anyone’s Submissions. Also, you understand that we have no control over the accuracy or completeness of any Submissions.
If you believe someone else is not following the guidelines, please let the Site team know here.
All comments on our Site are being monitored. They will be reviewed as quickly as possible during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm PST)
We reserve the right to delete negative or hateful comments, or remove any content that others might find offensive or threatening.
We reserve the right to reject posts that direct readers to third-party websites.
You may face personal liability if content you submit is published and is unlawful.
If you do not follow the Site rules, we may prevent you from accessing and using the Site and you will lose all of your rights – but we retain our rights to enforce these rules against you.
You have some rights too. But they are limited.
YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE AND USE OF CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. WE ESPECIALLY DON’T PROMISE THAT:
- YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE AND USE OF THE CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS (AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE RELIED UPON YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE, SKILL AND JUDGEMENT TO EVALUATE THE SITE AND THAT YOU ARE SATISFIED AS TO THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE TO MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS); OR
- YOUR ACCESS TO, AND PARTICIPATION IN, THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM VIRUSES OR ERROR.
- SO LONG AS THE LAW SAYS WE CAN, WE EXCLUDE ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR OTHER PROVISIONS THAT AREN’T CONTAINED IN THE TERMS, INCLUDING ANYTHING ABOUT ACCEPTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, TIMELINESS OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
- If there’s anything we aren’t allowed to exclude (“Non-Excludable Term”), but we’re able to limit your remedy for a breach of such a Non-Excludable Term, then our liability is limited to our choice of one or more of the following:
- for goods, replacement, or supply of equivalent, goods, repair of the goods, payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods or paying to have the goods repaired; or
- in relation to services, supplying of the services again or paying to have the services supplied again.
SUBJECT TO OUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE NON-EXCLUDABLE TERMS, WE WON’T EVER OWE YOU (I) MORE THAN US$100 IN TOTAL; OR (II) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OPPORTUNITIES OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING IN RELATION TO THESE TERMS OR AS A RESULT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS, THE SITE. ALSO, IF YOU CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR LOSS, THE US$100 WILL REDUCE TO TAKE ACCOUNT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
You must protect us and anyone who works for us, from any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense (including legal fees) suffered because (i) a claim is brought by someone else against any of them, to the extent that such claim arises out of your breach of these terms, your breach of or failure to comply with any laws or your misuse or infringement of any rights which belong to someone else; or (ii) you breach any obligation or promise to us under these terms or you break the law.
We aren’t responsible for any loss, corruption or interception of data sent to or from the Site that occurs outside of our computer systems (such as those which occur while data is being sent over the internet). We recommend that you install and use up-to-date anti-virus and firewall software on your computer.
We promise, and you promise, that we won’t say bad things about each other.
The Site and the Content may contain links to websites operated by third parties or include advertising or promotional material provided by our advertisers. We are not responsible for that content or the accuracy of any other sites linked to via the Site or the Content. You should contact the relevant third party directly if have any questions.
We are not responsible for the actions or inactions of advertisers or content on linked sites.
In providing our Services, we are providing you with facts, information, insights and ideas only, in order to assist you in your business. You need to decide what may work best for your own personal or business needs and should make your own assessment after careful consideration of your situation.
We do not have your personal information, finances, your individual facts or situation in mind when we provide these Services. Our Services are not intended as, nor should they be construed as advice and we recommend that you contact a professional advisor if you would like information or advice that takes into account your personal and particular goals and financial situation.
We also do not guarantee that any information in our online courses and Services will increase revenue, profits, customer base, online presence or rankings, improve or make any guarantee about your business. We do, however, provide our experience, insights, perspectives and recommendations in order to assist you to consider options for your business which may have an overall positive impact and help you with your business needs.
Any legal issues will be taken care of by the courts.
If we can’t resolve any issues between us, our dispute will be controlled by the laws, and in the courts, of Queensland, Australia. We won’t intervene in disputes between members.