When you start your day with intention and quiet reflection, something truly magical happens. You align with your Higher Self, tune in to your innermost desires, and put in motion the actions that need to happen to make your dreams come true.
And even better, you can amplify that magic by using your Tarot cards.
I find that when I do a simple intention-setting practice first thing in the morning, it has a positive ripple effect on the whole rest of my day. That’s why I spend each morning with my Tarot cards to help me manifest the day (and life!) I desire.
Setting daily intentions with your Tarot cards is an easy practice you can do anywhere. Here’s how you can get started with your own daily intention-setting practice:
- Ground and center. At the start of your day, sit quietly, close your eyes, and focus on your breath. Take at least three deep breaths to clear your mind and center yourself.
- Focus on your goal and pull a card. With your Tarot cards and ideally, your Biddy Tarot Planner by your side, focus on one big goal you’d like to achieve for the day. Visualize yourself achieving that goal – really bask in the feeling of it! Then, shuffle your Tarot deck while asking your cards, “What intention can best help me achieve this goal today?” Then, pull a card. This card reveals the intention that will help you manifest your goal.
- Tune into the energy. Once you’ve pulled a card, tune in to its energy to determine how it can support your goal for the day. For example, say your goal is to complete a big project at work, and you pull the Queen of Cups, look at what the card might mean for you. Maybe the message is to nurture yourself so you don’t burn out on your project. And maybe it inspires you to set a reminder to take breaks throughout the day to help stay aligned and focused.
- Write down your insights. Once you understand the messages in your card of the day, write them down in your journal or in your Biddy Tarot Planner to keep track of what you learn and to notice trends over time.
To make it even more powerful, have your intentions or the questions you’re asking related to the goals you set for yourself this year. If you want to focus on one goal each month or quarter that’s fine too. This is a great way to really dial into your intuition and highest self for support in reaching your dreams.
Other Intention-Setting Methods
Your daily intention-setting practice can be deeply personal, fluid, and completely up to you! Here are a few more ideas to incorporate into your daily practice, if they call to you:
- Try focusing on different goals. While I like to focus on a daily goal to help set my intentions, you can focus on any goals you’d like. Experiment by focusing on a goal for the week, for the month, or for the year. You can even pull multiple cards for multiple goals. Whatever feels most manageable and helpful for you is best!
- Ask about what you truly need. The beauty of this practice is that you can switch up your question depending on what you need for the day. Some days, I’m feeling more philosophical and might ask a question like, “What can I do to manifest more happiness in my life?” If I’m feeling more tactical, I might ask, “How can I best get my work done today?”. There is no wrong way to do this practice, so trust that whatever you feel compelled to ask about is exactly what you need.
- Ask your Higher Self where to focus your intention. Some days, our goals might seem unclear to us, or we might feel unsure about what we want – and that’s okay! The Tarot can still help you. In this case, sit for a bit longer at the beginning of your practice and ask yourself, “What do I need to focus on today for my Highest Good?” Note any words, phrases, or images that come up for you. While focusing on your insights, pull a card to help show you how to manifest your soul’s desires.
- Let the card be your intention. Finally, you can simply use the Tarot to set your intention without having a specific question or goal in mind. Just shuffle, draw a card, and set your intention for the day based on that card. For example, if you were to pull the Seven of Pentacles, you may intend to spend time on what you value, or to practice patience as you manifest your goals.
I hope you found these intention-setting tips helpful! Another easy way to incorporate Tarot into your daily life is with the Biddy Tarot Planner. It’s the ultimate guide to help you create your most aligned year yet, one day at a time.
I designed this planner to show you exactly what you need to do to manifest your highest goals and dreams.
And best of all, it keeps you inspired and motivated to make it happen ✨
If you’re ready to create even more powerful intentions with Tarot, order your Biddy Tarot Planner today!