As a fast-growing, purpose-driven company with a global, virtual team of 30+, Biddy Tarot is seeking a Project Coordinator who is inspired by spiritual growth, startup culture, and supporting our company to thrive and succeed.
Who We Are
Biddy Tarot is the leading online learning community for people who are developing their intuition with Tarot as a guide. Our mission is to bring Tarot into the mainstream and share it as a tool for personal development and spiritual growth.
Established in the early 2000’s, Biddy Tarot inspires over 15 million people a year and serves thousands of students through our online courses, membership, books and audio products.
Our team culture is fast-paced, high-performing, and purpose-driven. We believe in trusting our intuition, taking ownership and initiative, leading with self-awareness and authenticity, collaborating with our peers, and overcoming complex problems with simple solutions. Working at Biddy Tarot isn’t just another job – it’s a personal growth path that will challenge you to transform and evolve as a human being.
About the Opportunity
This is not your average project coordination role — just like Biddy Tarot isn’t your average company! As a Project Coordinator, you’ll play a critical role in supporting our team to achieve success across a variety of different initiatives.
Yes, every day will be different!
One minute you might be assisting a Project Manager with a marketing launch and the next, you’re supporting the Tech Team to prioritize what to work on next. You’ll need to be able to follow directions, adapt quickly, strategically prioritize your time and be willing to get your hands dirty to make sure the job gets done.
To achieve success, you’ll need to feel comfortable having multiple plates spinning at one time (everything moves quickly in the Project Management Office!) and have a coachable attitude for growth. You’ll be calling on your superpowers — organization, attention to detail, and seeing processes through to the very end — every single day. And of course, you‘ll need to be a documentation guru too.
It goes without saying (but we’ll say it anyway) you’ll want to have an “everything is figureoutable” approach to help support your team’s needs and enhance their productivity. And remote team technology (including Asana, Slack, Dropbox, and Voxer) should be second nature to you.
We are specifically hiring someone to fill in for our Project Manager while she is away on maternity leave, and prefer someone in a timezone compatible with Australia/New Zealand.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate tasks within larger projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate business-as-usual/repeatable workflows (e.g. content production, social media production, promotional calendar)
- Manage smaller projects and initiatives
- Prepare project documentation and collaborate with the team for input
- Coordinate team members and resources to meet deadlines
- Provide administrative support to project team members
- Receive direction and guidance from Project Managers
- Contribute to our project management framework, including process and documentation
This is a Full-Time, remote role.
You will be working closely with the Project Management Team and other Team Members located across the globe.
Ideally, you are based in Australia and you will need to be available 3pm to 6pm Pacific for team meetings as needed. Please do not apply if you can’t be available during this time.
You'll be a Great Fit for this Role If…
- You have 1-2 years’ experience in project coordination or management. And it’s a bonus if you experience in digital marketing and online business
- You have qualifications (ideally a Bachelor’s degree) in business administration, project management, or similar
- You are tech-savvy, know your way around Asana, Slack, Dropbox, Voxer, Zoom, Loom and G-Suite or Microsoft Office, and you have previously used project management software such as Asana, Trello, Monday, etc.
- You are a multitasking machine who thrives working under pressure
- You’re process oriented and have a thorough understanding of dependencies and workflows, especially managing multiple priorities across multiple teams
- You’re detail oriented, extremely organized and absolutely love systems
- You’re a team player, known for building great rapport with everyone you work with, while honoring a variety of learning and communication styles
- You’re a problem solver by nature, with a gift for keeping the ‘big picture’ in mind
- You know how to take a goal or outcome and break it down into small, actionable tasks that can be carried out by multiple people — and you know how to keep those people on track
- You know that the secret code is 44 (even if you’re not sure why you need a secret code just yet)
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you communicate with confidence with team members of all levels
- You’re clear about the Biddy Tarot mission and how we serve our customers
- You embody our values of Excellence, Collaboration, Authentic Leadership, Problem-Solving & Initiative, Accountability & Integrity, and Adaptability
Why Work With Us…
- Be part of a leading, purpose-driven organisation that is having a positive impact on raising global consciousness
- Work within an established, high-growth start-up with a vision for continued expansion
- Expect autonomy, ownership and responsibility
- Join a highly motivated team that is passionate about personal growth and development, and values self-awareness and authenticity
- Work from home and enjoy a flexible workplace that values work-life balance
- Access to all of our online Tarot programs and products
… And Why You Might NOT Want to Work with Us
- We’re fairly small (~30 people), so if you like more hierarchy and levels of management in a bigger company, this role isn’t for you.
- We don’t have it all figured out. As a bootstrapped, entrepreneurial-driven startup, there are many areas of the company where we’re still “building the ship as we sail.”
- So, if you require well-documented processes and playbooks to perform every aspect of your job, then this probably isn’t the place for you.
- We work hard. Everyone on the team is mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to achieve our goals. While we DON’T believe in working weekends or pulling “all-nighters” as a normal course of business, if you want a normal 9-to-5 job, you probably won’t like it here.
- We change our minds, pivot fast, and embrace change when change is needed. We shift projects and priorities when presented with new data, so, again, if you need a ‘steady state’ company that “has it all figured out,” we’re not the place for you.
- We don’t micro-manage. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day. We need people who can manage their own calendar and who aren’t afraid to Google something if they don’t know how to do it. In other words, if you need to know EXACTLY what you will be doing every hour of the day, week over week, we’re probably not a good fit.
To apply for this role, please complete this application.
We will review applications as they are submitted and will contact successful candidates via email to invite them to the next stage.