If you’re a Tarot beginner or even someone who just wants to improve your ability to read Tarot with confidence, it can seem very overwhelming to try and memorise all of the meanings of each card so you get your readings right. The good news is that you don’t actually have to have all of the card meanings memorised to give quality, accurate readings to yourself and others!
Tarot is all about tapping into your intuition- and trusting what comes up. One of my favourite ways to practice this is an exercise the Daily Tarot Card, where you do just what it sounds like: pull one card every day for yourself and see what kind of guidance you get from it.
Start Your Day Differently
Instead of reaching for your phone first thing in the morning, start your day off right by tuning into your intuition with your Tarot cards. The act of having a ritual sets your day up for success, while the Tarot card makes you more intuitive by working as a tool to nudge your mind in the right direction.
It gives you a starting point- a message- that you can take in whatever way you are feeling called to. Listening to the first thought that pops into your head when you think about the Tarot card you pull is likely your intuition guiding you to the message that is exactly what you need to hear at that moment.
Enjoy the Benefits of a Daily Tarot Card
When doing this activity, you’ll also start to see other amazing benefits like making better decisions when you are able to see things more clearly. You’ll also be making decisions from a more intuitive place instead of seeking external validation- which means the decisions you make will be right for –you-. Plus, when you are starting your day off with a ritual that makes you feel good, you will feel more capable of handling difficult decisions if they arise.
You’ll also have clearer insights that allow you to create a life you love, and you will go through your day with more purpose and intention. If you stick with this ritual, you will begin to notice your intuition getting stronger, making life more enjoyable and empowering you to live the life you want.
So how do you get started? Let me break it down for you…
At the start of the day:
- Ask, What do I need to know today? By asking this question, you’ll be able to tap into what your intuition is trying to tell you as you go about your day. This question is general enough to leave the card open for personal interpretation based on what’s going on in your life currently and what comes to mind when you do this activity.
- Pull a Tarot card Tap into the energy of the card, and start to listen to your intuition. Allow yourself to feel into what the card might be trying to remind you of.
- Reflect on what it might mean for you Think about the ways the card might be reminding you of a situation, relationship, or issue that you need to pay a bit more attention to. What energy is the card bringing up for you? Consider these things as you determine what the card might mean for you in this moment.
During the day:
- Look for people, events and situations that represent the card Keep the message you intuitively received that morning in the front of your mind, and keep an eye out for any situations or things coming up that speak to that message. If you aren’t sure about what the card means for you- simply be aware of anything that might remind you of the card you pulled, even if you’re not sure of the reason why just yet.
- Bring the card’s energy into your daily activity This can be a really fun way to incorporate Tarot into your day. Think about the type of energy that was present with the card you pulled, and find ways to “act out” that energy. For example, if you pulled the Six of Pentacles, you might see how you can be more generous, giving, and maybe even go out of your way to do something nice for someone else.
At the end of the day:
- Reflect on what happened throughout the dayTake note of anything that happened that reminded you of the Tarot card you had pulled that morning or any situations that happened because of the energy this activity was bringing into your life.
- Write down any new insights about the Tarot cardBased on what you intuitively found from the morning’s activity and how you feel your day went after reflection, write down any information you’ve figured out about the card and how it affected your day. As you do this regularly, you will create a powerful, unique guidebook that you can use to determine what types of energies certain cards bring to someone’s life and what that can mean.
The Long Term Effects
Over time, this activity will give you the chance to deep dive into each card, while building up your very own personalized meanings all in one place. It’s also a great way to establish your dedication to your Tarot practice and immerses you in Tarot on a daily basis.
In fact, it’s a very efficient practice! One, it gets your day off on the right foot. And two, you’re learning Tarot at the same time!
Doing the card-a-day exercise is a great way to create personal meanings of the cards because you don’t have to memorise a thing- you simply realize over time, what the cards mean for you. Then, when you do a reading for yourself or others, you can simply recall your experience from the card-a-day activity and bring that message into your reading.
You can also try implementing this FREE fillable Tarot keyword chart to keep things easy every day:
You don’t have to stick to the daily question, “What do I need to know today?”
Here are six other questions you can ask your Tarot cards each morning to get your intuition flowing:
- What energy is affecting me this morning?
- Where can I focus on today for a great day?
- Is there anything I need to let go of today?
- What can I do to improve [situation] today?
- How am I presently living in alignment?
- Where am I presently living out of alignment?
Or add your own favourite questions that set your day out on the right foot.
Digging Deeper with Your Daily Tarot Card
If you want to really dig deeper into this activity and boost your knowledge of the Tarot cards to provide yourself and others with the best reading possible, check out our program, Master the Tarot Card Meanings here. This course will teach you the FASTER way to master your Tarot readings- by tapping into your intuition and using that as your guide for each reading.
There’s something really important that I want you to get from all of this: This isn’t a chore. This isn’t homework. Pulling a card a day should be fun.
You could do this activity when you sit down to have your morning tea or coffee, or when you’re laying in bed in the morning, just being quiet before you spring into action. It’s this tiny little ritual that begins your day from a beautiful place.
A place of creation. A place of receiving. A place of wonder. Sounds good, right?
Make the Daily Tarot Card Even Easier
To make the Card a Day activity even easier, the Biddy Tarot Planner will help you, and give you the tools necessary to use Tarot for all of your goal setting and yearly planning needs. Once you start incorporating Tarot into your daily life, using it as a guide to plan out your year just makes sense. The Biddy Tarot Planner gives you the space to use Tarot to tap into your intuition and set goals that stretch you outside of your comfort zone- but not so far that you create unrealistic expectations for yourself. It’s the perfect companion for the Card a Day Activity to make 2019 your most aligned and powerful year yet.
The Card a Day Activity doubled with the goal-setting, intuition-aligning activities you can find in your 2018 Biddy Tarot Planner will help you create a year that lights you up—one day at a time.
The Biddy Tarot Planner will allow you to use Tarot to tap into your intuition, your biggest, wildest dreams—and then create goals that allow you to reach it in a realistic, non-overwhelming way.
If you’re like me (and I have a feeling you are!), you need one place to keep all of your planning, goals, and ideas for the year ahead to feel organized, creative, and inspired.
That’s why we created the Biddy Tarot Planner! We designed it just for YOU, to help you create an amazing year ahead – day by day – with your intuition and Tarot cards as a guide.
- Getting crystal clear on your goals using intuitive insights and Tarot as a guide.
- Aligning your goals with your highest self.
- Manifesting your goals and intentions with sacred action.
- Staying on track with your goals and resolutions all year long.
- Maintaining a monthly connection to your soul with Tarot as a guide.
- Having a blast connecting with the Tarot cards.
- Having your BEST YEAR YET!