If you are a sales-focused Copywriter with a passion for writing high-converting emails, sales pages, webinars, ads, and videos in the personal development industry, and you’re inspired by high-growth, startup culture, then read on…
Who We Are
Biddy Tarot is the leading online learning community for people who are developing their intuition with Tarot as a guide. Our mission is to bring Tarot into the mainstream and share it as a tool for personal development and spiritual growth.
Established in the early 2000’s, Biddy Tarot inspires over 15 million people a year and serves thousands of students through our online courses, membership, books and audio products.
Our team culture is fast-paced, high-performing, and purpose-driven. We believe in trusting our intuition, taking ownership and initiative, leading with self-awareness and authenticity, collaborating with our peers, and overcoming complex problems with simple solutions. Working at Biddy Tarot isn’t just another job – it’s a personal growth path that will challenge you to transform and evolve as a human being.
About the Opportunity
We are always looking for talented direct-response Copywriters with experience in the personal development industry, writing high-converting sales copy for sales pages, email campaigns, ads, webinar scripts, and more.
Our copywriters work closely with our Marketing and Creative teams creating copy for our sales campaigns, funnels, product launches, member retention initiatives, and more. They support our higher vision of bringing Tarot to the mainstream and inspiring millions of people around the world to create positive change with Tarot.
This role will require the ability to manage multiple deadlines, turn around projects quickly, and use data and trends to inform new thinking and high-impact copy.
What You'll Do
- Write compelling and high-converting direct response sales copy for multiple channels and formats, including sales pages, email campaigns, webinar and video scripts, opt-ins, and ads
- Work with the Marketing team to develop our customer avatars, and create copy that connects deeply with these psychological profiles
- Create messaging strategies that best suit our respective audiences and support our company goals
- Follow the Biddy Tarot brand & style guide and channel the ‘voice’ of the brand
- Review, edit & proofread copy as needed (ensuring all copy is concise, clear, grammatically correct, in the Biddy Tarot voice, written with a customer-first mentality, and following industry best practices)
- Develop solutions to scale Biddy Tarot’s brand voice and writing best practices across teams, and manage copy projects from ideation through completion
- Follow industry best practices, with a knowledge of online content strategy & creation. Stay current on trends and competitors within the industry
You'll be a Great Fit for this Role If…
- You have at least 3 years’ experience writing high-converting, direct response copy, with at least 1 year experience in the personal development industry
- You have an internet marketing background, ideally with experience selling information-based products online
- You have experience collaborating with marketers, designers, and cross-functional partners to conceptualize, test, and execute projects
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present work confidently to a variety of different audiences and stakeholders
- You have trained with the best direct-response copywriters – Frank Kern, Ryan Deiss (Digital Marketer), Ramit Sethi, Marie Forleo (The Copy Cure), etc. – and continue to develop your skills and expertise with the latest techniques and trends
- You blend proven, high-impact sales strategies with heart and soul, to create compelling, meaningful and transformative sales copy
- You are highly motivated by the direct results of your copy, always striving to increase conversion rates, email opens, click-through rates, etc. And you have a track-record of exceptional results.
- You have a portfolio that highlights a variety of different writing projects across multiple mediums
- You are able to work under pressure with multiple projects and tight deadlines, and you proactively manage your time and energy with ease. You communicate and collaborate with your coworkers to ensure goals and expectations are met
- You are dedicated to excellence, taking feedback and direction in your stride and willing to review and edit your work until it meets or exceeds the brief
- You are tech-savvy and have experience working in Asana, Slack, Vox, Dropbox, Google Workspace and other software & systems, following company protocols
- You know that the secret code is 44 (even if you’re not sure why you need a secret code just yet)
- You have worked in a remote team for at least 12 months and thrive in this virtual environment.
- You have an interest in personal development, spiritual growth, Tarot and intuition
- You are emotionally intelligent, self-aware and up for the challenge of rapid personal growth as the role continues to evolve and grow
- You embody our values of Excellence, Collaboration, Authentic Leadership, Problem-Solving & Initiative, Accountability & Integrity, and Adaptability
Work Arrangement & Schedule
This will be a part-time contract (approximately 10-15 hours per week). If we’re a great fit and see results together, there is an opportunity for a long-term engagement as a full-time copywriter.
This is a remote role and you will be part of a completely virtual, global team, working with team members in Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and the US. You must be available for meetings between 3 pm and 6 pm on weekdays; US Pacific. Please do not apply if you cannot accommodate this working schedule.
You must have a dedicated work office for video conferencing calls, away from distraction. And you’ll need your own high-speed internet connection, laptop/computer, and phone.
Why Work With Us…
- Be part of a leading, purpose-driven organization that is having a positive impact on raising global consciousness
- Work within an established, high-growth start-up with a vision for continued expansion
- Join a highly motivated team that is passionate about personal growth and development, and values self-awareness and authenticity
- Work from home and enjoy a flexible workplace that values work-life balance
- Gain access to all of our online Tarot programs and products
… And Why You Might NOT Want to Work with Us
- We’re fairly small (~30 people), so if you like more hierarchy and levels of management in a bigger company, this role isn’t for you.
- We don’t have it all figured out. As a bootstrapped, entrepreneurial-driven startup, there are many areas of the company where we’re still “building the ship as we sail.” So, if you require well-documented processes and playbooks to perform every aspect of your job, then this probably isn’t the place for you.
- We work hard. Everyone on the team is mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to achieve our goals. While we DON’T believe in working weekends or pulling “all-nighters” as a normal course of business, if you want a normal 9-to-5 job, you probably won’t like it here.
- We change our minds, pivot fast, and embrace change when change is needed. We shift projects and priorities when presented with new data, so, again, if you need a ‘steady state’ company that “has it all figured out,” we’re not the place for you.
- We don’t micro-manage. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day. We need people who can manage their own calendar and who aren’t afraid to Google something if they don’t know how to do it. In other words, if you need to know EXACTLY what you will be doing every hour of the day, week over week, we’re probably not a good fit.
To apply for this role, please complete this application.
We will review applications as they are submitted and will contact successful candidates via email to invite them to the next stage.